A Pair of Meissen Porcelain Vase. 18th Century.
The history of Meissen Porcelain Mark,
It was developed in 1708 by Ehrenfried von Tschirnhaus. After his death, Johann Friedrich Böttger continued Tschirnhaus's work and brought porcelain to the market, where it's produced at Meissen, near Dresden, in 1710 and attracted artists and artisans to establish one of the most famous porcelain manufacturers known throughout the world. Its signature logo, the crossed swords, was introduced in 1720 to protect its production; the mark of the swords is one of the oldest trademarks in existence.
Size: 60x16 cm. 23.6x6.2 inch.